Sweeten all your cookie recipes with maple syrup! Here is my favorite cookie recipe that you can adapted any time. Try using half oat flour, or chop up organic chocolate bars instead of the chips. Experiment and have fun, it is hard to go wrong.
Always use organic ingredients. Do it for yourself, for the organic farmers and for the planet.
Let me know if you come up with a another great idea!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 cups pastry flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
1/2 cup coconut or olive oil
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup apple juice
1 teaspoon orange or vanilla extract
½ cup malt sweetened chocolate chips
½ chopped walnuts or almonds
¼ cup diced dates (optional)
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Whisk dry ingredients together in a bowl.
3. Whisk together wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix.
5. Fold in the chips and nuts and other optional surprises.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 5 minutes and turn oven temperature to 350 degrees.
7. Bake another 10 minutes.