This cookie recipe below uses maple syrup and I have had memorized for decades! I change it up almost every time I make it. Sometimes I use oat flour, sometime I chop up organic chocolate bars instead of the malt sweetened chips. Experiment and let us know if you come up with a another great idea!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 cups pastry flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
1/2 cup coconut or olive oil
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup apple juice
1 teaspoon orange or vanilla extract
½ cup malt sweetened chocolate chips
½ chopped walnuts or almonds
¼ cup diced dates (optional)
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Whisk dry ingredients together in a bowl.
3. Whisk together wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix.
5. Fold in the chips and nuts and other optional surprises.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 5 minutes and turn oven temperature to 350 degrees.
7. Bake another 10 minutes.