Drinking a cup or two of green tea is one for me. I enjoy the taste of organic loose leaf “Everyday Green Tea”. I ordered it bulk from the Imperial Tea Company and purchase it from there shop at Ferry Plaza Market in San Francisco.
The list of health benefits are many; Here are just seven!
- It may prevent skin damage and wrinkling. EGCG appears to be 200 times more powerful than vitamin E at destroying skin-damaging free radicals. Source Care2
- It contains a potent antioxidant that kills free radicals. Because it is a potent antioxidant it can positively impact a lot more than skin cells. Free radicals are increasingly linked to many serious chronic illnesses like arthritis, diabetes, and cancer.
- Green tea has been shown to improve blood flow and lower cholesterol. Source WebMD
- Strengthens Tooth Enamel Source Acupuncturist China Medical
- Regular consumption of green tea is thought to reduce the risk of high blood pressure. Source LifeHack.org
- Tea catechins are strong antibacterial and antiviral agents which make them effective for treating everything from influenza to cancer. In some studies green tea has been shown to inhibit the spread of many diseases.
- Green tea will help your body to burn fat and boost your metabolic rate. Source ChineseFood.About.com
Important to brew your tea with good spring or filtered water.